General Information

The School of Rural, Surveying and Geoinformatics Engineering (SRSE) was founded in 1917 under the title of "Higher School of Surveying Engineering" . Initially, three years of study were required to obtain a diploma, but in 1930 this was increased to four years and the title was changed to "Higher School of Rural and Surveying Engineering". A leading personality behind the School of Rural and Surveying Engineering and the changes of 1930 was Professor Demetrios Lambadarios.

Professor Lambadarios was a member of Athen's Academy and server as Rector of NTUA (1928-1933) and Dean of the School for many years. Today, the School's building in Zographou campus carries his name.