Research in Photogrammetry Lab
In the last 20 years, the members of the Laboratoryof Photogrammetry have carried out a large number of research projects and programs, concerned with the
- 3D Reconstuction and Mapping using Computer Vision Algorithms on Aerial, Satellite, Terrestrial and Underwater Imagery,
- 3D Reconstuction and Mapping using LIDAR and SAR data,
- Classification, detection and segmentation of unordered 3D point sets and images,
- Geometric Documentation and 3D representation and Modelling of Tangible and Intangible Cultural Heritage,
- Historic Building Information Modelling (HBIM),
- Virtual and Augmented Reality applications,
- Monitoring of dynamically changing environments,
- Development of multidimensional land information management systems,
with scientific supervisors the current faculty members of the Laboratory. The total funding, coming from Europeanand national resources, amounts to about 2.5m eurosover the last five years.
Ongoing Research Projects
'3D-BioPerioDontis Bioabsorbable three-dimensional (3d) printed scaffolds for personalized treatment of periodontitis', Scientific supervisor: Prof. C. Ioannidis SRSE-GE of NTUA, Financed by: EPAnEK 2014-2020, General Secretariat for Research and Technology, Greece, Duration: 2021- 2023
'Comprehensive research for the activation of Urban Land consolidation Zone - Application in Pikermi-Rafina', Scientific supervisor: Prof. C. Ioannidis SRSE-GE of NTUA, Financed by: Autonomous Building Organization of Officers, Greece, Duration: 2021- 2023
FELICE,FlExible assembLy manufacturIng with human-robot Collaboration and digital twin modEls, Scientific Responsible:Maria Pateraki, This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation program under grant agreement No 101017151.
4DBeyond: 4D Analysis Beyond the Visible Spectrum in Real-Life Engineering Applications, Scientific Responsible: Anastasios Doulamis, Professor, The research work was supported by the Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation (H.F.R.I.) under the “First Call for H.F.R.I. Research Projects to support Faculty members and Researchers and the procurement of high-cost research equipment grant” (Project Number: FRI-FM17-2972).
euPOLIS: Integrated NBS-based Urban Planning Methodology for Enhancing the Health and Well-being of Citizens: the euPOLIS Approach, Scientific Responsible: Anastasios Doulamis, Professor, The euPOLIS project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research & Innovation programme H2020-EU.3.5.2., under grant agreement No 869448
GECKO: building GrEener and more sustainable soCieties by filling the Knowledge gap in social science and engineering to enable responsible artificial intelligence co-creatiOn, Scientific Responsible: Anastasios Doulamis, Professor, this project has received funding from the European Commission under Horizon2020 MSCA-ITN-2020 Innovative Training Networks programme, Grant Agreement No 955422.
HYPERION, Development of a Decision Support System for Improved Resilience & Sustainable Reconstruction of historic areas to cope with Climate Change & Extreme Events based on Novel Sensors and Modelling Tools, Scientific Responsible: Andreas Georgopoulos, Professor, HYPERION has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement no 821054.
'MHTIS Multimodal Machine Learning and Signal Processing Technologies from Multiple Heterogeneous Information Sources for Safety Applications and Surveillance of Critical Infrastructures.', Scientific supervisor: Prof. An. Doulamis SRSE of NTUA, Financed by: EPAnEK 2014-2020, General Secretariat for Research and Technology, Greece, Duration: 2018- 2021
METEORA, 'Information System for Multi-level Documentation of Religious Sites and Historic Complexes'; Scientific Responsible: Charalabos Ioannidis, Funded by: EPAnEK 2014-2020, European Union; duration:July 2018- July 2021
Machine learning and signal processing technologies from heterogeneous data sources -Application on Security and monitoring of crucial infrastructures and installations (MHTIS), , Professor, EPAnEK 2014-2020, GSRT, Greece, duration: 2018-2021
- Panoptis: Development of a decision support system for increasing the resilience of transportation infrastructure based on combined use of terrestrial and airborne sensors and advanced modelling tools, Scientific Responsible: Anastasios Doulamis, This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 769129
Completed Research Projects
- ‘Photogrammetric documentation of the walls of the Cannon Gate in the Medieval City of Rhodes’, Scientific Responsible: Andreas Georgopoulos, Professor, Funded by: Dodecanese Service of Modern Monuments and technical Works, 2018-2019,
- '3D documentation of the Temple of Pythios Appolon in the Ancient Acropolis of Rhodes and the alternative proposals for its restoration'; Scientific Responsible: Charalabos Ioannidis, Professor, Funded by: Ephorate of Antiquities of Dodecanese; duration: January - August 2018
- 'The French Lavrion Mines Wharf', Scientific Responsible: EVAGGELOS SAPOUNTZAKIS, Professor, Funded by: Municipality of Lavreotiki, 2018-2019
'Photogrammetric Restitution of Part of the Wall Facade of the Chios Castle', Scientific Responsible: Andreas Georgopoulos, Professor, Funding by: Ephorate of Antiquities of Chios, 2018-2019
'Automated techniques for a 4D scene reconstruction', Scientific Responsible: Charalabos Ioannidis, Professor,Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation, duration:2017-2019
- 'Research and development of digital methods to support the excavation project of the Eforia of Lesvos antiquities in Poliochni, Lemnos', Scientific Responsible: Andreas Georgopoulos, Professor, Funded by: Ephorate of Antiquities of Lesvos 2016-2020
- 'Interventions for the rehabilitation of the Holy Tomb of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem', 2016-2018
- 'Three dimensional Geometric Documentation in the Holly Area of Meteora'; Scientific Responsible: Charalabos Ioannidis, Professor, Funded by: Holly Monastery of Saint Stefanos Meteora; duration: July - December 2017
- 'Transforming Intangible Folkloric Performing Arts into Tangible Choreographic Digital Objects (TERPSICHORE)', Scientific Responsible: Anastasios Doulamis, Professor, EU Horizon 2020 project, MSCA-RISE-2015, 2016-2020
- '5Dimensional Multi-Purpose Land Information System (5D MUPLIS)'; Scientific Responsible: Charalabos Ioannidis, Professor, Funded by: Greece - Israel Bilateral R&D Project; duration: 2014-2015
- 'State-of-the-art mapping technologies for Public Work Studies and Environmental Impact Assessment Studies', Scientific Responsible: Andreas Georgopoulos, Greece - Israel Bilateral R&D Project 2014-2015
- 'ITN - DCH - Initial Training Networks for Digital Cultural Heritage: Projecting our Past to the Future', E.U. Programme, FP7-PEOPLE-2013-ITN; duration: June 2013 - July 2017
- 'Field surveying and connection of archaeological sites in the region of Ancient Eleftherna', Funded by: University of Crete, (June 2013 - July 2014).
- 'Investigation of the photogrammetric techniques for the implementation of the shore zone of Aliveri Harbor',Funded by: Public Power Corporation S.A., (June 2013 - July 2014).
- 'JASON-Joint synergistic and integrated use of eArthobServationnavigatiOn and commuNication technologies for enhanced border security', Greek General Secretariat for Research and Technology - Research programme SYNERGY (January 2013 - July 2015)
- 'Integrated investigation of the damage and the pathology of materials and constructions - Integrated planning - Compilation of guidelines for the conservation and preservation of buildings', Municipality of Athens (January 2013 - December 2013)
- 'Development of an aerial remote sensing system of low altitude for the support of satellite image processing in archaeological research', Bilateral Cooperation between Cyprus and Greece; Funded by: Research Promotion Foundation (RPF) of Cyprus; duration: April 2012 - October 2013
- 'THALES programme - Seismic protection of monuments and historical constructions (SEISMO)', Ministry of Education - Operational Program "Education and Lifelong Learning" - Research Funding Program THALES (July 2012 - September 2015)
- 'Comparative study on expropriation legislation in selected EU member states', ECORYS Nederland BV (funded by the European Commission, Regional Policy H1) (July 2012 - January 2013)
- 'Comparative study on expropriation legislation in selected EU member states', E.C. Programme Regional Policy H1 (2012 - 2013)
- 'Interpretation and investigation of intervention possibilities at the region of Ladona River and the artificial lake of Ladona', Municipality of Gortinia (July 2012 - November 2013)
- '4Dimensional Cultural Heritage World (4D CH WORLD)', EU Programme, FP7-PEOPLE-2012-IAPP
- 'Investigation of the potential of High Resolution TerraSAR-X data as source of Ground Control Linear Features for the georeference of High Resolution optical images (MTH1032)'; Funded by: German Aerospace Center (DLR), German Remote Sensing Data Center (DFD); duration: January 2011 - December 2013